Typical Hull Number: (1973 & later)
- W30 hulls 1 through 16 were simply numbered with the series hull number plus a model designator and model sequence number. For example: 010S9 which was the 10th W30 and the 9th Searcher.
- 36' hulls 1-25 were of the form VMC HN MMYY, corresponding to Vega Marine Corp., Hull Number, and Month and Year of build.
- 36' hulls 26-40 same as above except WBW (Willard Boat Works) instead of VMC.
- W40's 1-10: WLD400HNMMYY
- W40's 11-38: WLD404HNMMYY (See format below)
- W40's 39-40: WLD410HNMMYY (See format below)
The CoastGuard lists the following Manufacturer designations for Willard:
|VMC||VEGA MARINE CORP|
|WBD||WILLARDS BOAT WORKS||RT 9 & 90 BOX 16||N MYRTLE BCH||SC|
|WBW||WILLARD BOAT WORKS|
|WLD||WILLARD MARINE INC.||1250 N. GROVE STREET||ANAHEIM||CA|
|WVG||WILLARD VEGA,INC||11 HOPE ST||BRISTOL||RI|
Official HIN Format After August 1, 1984