Our Willard Vega Horizon is in the midst of an extensive makeover. Both fuel tanks failed so we had to basically gut the boat to replace the tanks. We have completed the following replacements, upgrades, repairs; however, due to life changes, we will not be able to finish the boat at this time.
· Removed and replaced both fuel tanks (2 x 45 gal), all hoses, fillers, vents, and valves
· Removed, refreshed, and reinstalled the Perkins 4.105 diesel engine. Replaced oil filter system, fuel filter system, and engine shutoff system
· Removed, refreshed, and replaced the gearbox
· Replaced the entire exhaust system
· Replaced the fresh water tanks (2 x 70 gal), heat exchanger, pump, accumulator, faucets, and hoses (added a shower hose to the head sink)
· Filled in all below the waterline thru-hulls except the raw water intake. Removed macerator and holding tank. We will use compost system or port-a-john
· Replaced head and galley sinks, counters, cabinetry
· Replaced, or are currently replacing, all interior lighting
· Replaced all cabin and V-berth plastic ports with bronze ports. Replaced all pilot house windows with new Plexiglas, rebuilt hatches
· Rewired entire boat with more robust gage of wiring, new DC and AC panels (relocated to aft pilot house bulkhead), new terminal blocks for additional lighting and devices
· Purchased radios, GPS, radar, plotter, depth sounder, AIS and antennas (yet to be installed)
· Relocated the chain plates to external of the pilot house. Added storage access to aft deck horseshoe seating. Reseated all rails, stanchions and through deck hardware
· In the process of replacing all overhead panels and changing lights to LED’s. Adding additional interior lighting (LED)
The boat is on the hard in our back yard in Melbourne, Florida. It still needs exterior paint and bottom paint. We have all the paint. The boat also needs some interior finish work. The engine has been turned but not started since it went back in the boat several years ago. It has had oil and was turned by hand every few months.
If anyone is interested in taking over the project, we will be putting the boat on the market for $18,000 (as is). We can provide a list of all the items we have for the boat for both finishing it and getting it ready to motor sail (electronics, hardware, paint, anchors, lines, sails, etc.) If anyone is interested, just respond using this link.